COMMUNICATION LITERACY UNIVERSAL EDUCATION (CLUE) Early Intervention Centre
WHAT WE DO:
Our team of Speech-Language Pathologists evaluate and provide intervention for children and adolescents with a variety of communication disorders that affect their ability to communicate. This includes children that have difficulty with language, articulation, auditory processing disorder, verbal apraxia, voice, resonance and fluency (stuttering).
The team consists of experienced Speech Language Pathologists and trained Early Educators specialising in working with children, teenagers and adults with Special Needs with strong clinical skills in managing a wide range of communication difficulties and/or intellectual disability. Our Speech Pathologists keep abreast of current research, ensuring evidence based practice that is both innovative and creative approach.
At CLUE EI Centre, our Speech Pathologists are passionate about taking a holistic and individualised approach to maximise each learner’s speech, language, literacy, social and learning potential.
The clinic provides speech pathology services for both children and adults.
To assist the community in accessing speech pathology services, we can attend on-site at child care centres, preschools, schools and home.
ASSESSMENT & INTERVENTION SERVICES
Assessment and Intervention services are provided for the following areas:
- Early Language Intervention
- Articulation Delay / Disorder
- Phonological Delay / Disorder
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Language Delays
- Literacy Difficulties
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Augmentative Alternative Communication and/or
- Assistive Technology Needs
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Speech Disorders Related to Cleft Lip and Palate& Palatal Anomalies
- Social Skills difficulties resulting from difficulty in language skills
- Social Pragmatic Language Disorders
Preschool / Kindergarten/Reception Speech Language Screening Assessments
Parent Information Sessions (Preschool and school based)
Preschool and School Staff Training Course:
- Supporting Early Language & Communication Skills in the classroom
- Speech and Language Development and Screening Assessment for teachers
- Language support for early Literacy, Phonological and Phonics Development in Primary School
- Speech and Language support for bilingual children
- Adapted classroom and curriculum modification for children with special needs
SPECIFIC INTERVENTION PROGRAMS
HANEN “It Takes Two to Talk” for Children with Development Delay
HANEN “More Than Words” for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Various individualised Dyspraxia Program
PROMPT (PROMPTS for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets)
Lidcombe Stuttering Program
Tongue Thrust Therapy
Early Intervention Therapy
“Intensive Interaction” for children and adults with severe intellectual disability and limited interests
SCRETS (Social Communication/Emotional Regulation/Transactional Support) for children with autism
To set up an assessment or evaluation of speech and language skills
including social skills:
Call the CLUE EI Centre on 088 699 1915 or 02 314 0940.
We will ask general questions to assess the issues you wan to address and
schedule an evaluation and/or intervention